Host at Midtown Reader
At Midtown Reader, we love hosting!
We are eager to host local book clubs, parties, or gatherings of any kind.
Please follow the steps below to reserve a night at Midtown Reader for your gathering.
1) Midtown Reader will accommodate up to two meetings per month for use by the community. Requests for meeting space will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
2) Events will be scheduled primarily during non-business hours. Previously scheduled store events will take priority during scheduling. Small gatherings that would like to meet during business hours are welcome to use the upstairs space.
3) Community organizations may meet at Midtown Reader no more than three times a year. Email email@example.com to request a date for your event.
4) We have limited evening hours, and hosting events means keeping our staff at work beyond normal business hours. A usage fee of $50/hour will be charged in order to accommodate increased staff hours to open the store for events. In the event that an organization chooses to meet during business hours, they will be subject to the same fee since a meeting requires the store, effectively, to close off a section of the store for shopping.
5) Midtown Reader will provide a 10% discount to any book clubs or reading organizations for the purchase of their books throughout the year. Organizations should provide 3-4 weeks’ notice of book selection in order for Midtown Reader to stock the selected book.
6) Food and beverages will be available for purchase through Argonaut, which serves a full coffee, beer, and wine bar.