Book Clubs at Midtown Reader
At Midtown Reader, we love book clubs!
We are eager to host local clubs when we can.
Please follow the steps below to reserve a night at Midtown Reader for your book club.
1) Midtown Reader will accommodate up to two meetings per month for use by local book clubs. Requests for meeting space will be honored on a first come, first served basis.
2) Clubs will be scheduled primarily during non-business hours. Previously scheduled store events will take priority during scheduling. Clubs that would like to meet during business hours are welcome to use the upstairs space.
3) Clubs may meet at Midtown Reader no more than three times a year. Email email@example.com to request a date for your club.
4) We have limited evening hours, and hosting clubs means keeping our staff at work beyond normal business hours. A usage fee of $50/hour will be charged in order to accommodate increased staff hours to open the store for clubs. In the event that a club chooses to meet during business hours, they will be subject to the same fee since a meeting requires the store, effectively, to close off a section of the store for shopping.
5) Midtown Reader will provide a 10% discount to club members for the purchase of their books throughout the year. Clubs should provide 3-4 weeks’ notice of book selection in order for Midtown Reader to stock the selected book.
6) Food and beverages will be available for purchase through Argonaut, which serves a full coffee, beer and wine bar.