Currently, Midtown Reader is hosting school book fairs using a hybrid online/in-store model. Families can shop in-store and online during the book fair dates and Midtown Reader will donate 15% of the proceeds to the school.
• We recommend spreading the book fair out over several days, typically a full school week.
• Please provide us with two or three possible date ranges and we will determine which dates are available and confirm via email.
Teacher Wish Lists:
• Schools can provide teacher wish lists to be added to the online shop and on-site displays so that families can purchase books for their classrooms.
• The school’s point of contact for the book fair should request wish lists from the teachers and email the list to email@example.com 2 weeks prior to the book fair so we have time to obtain any books we need to, and upload the lists onto the web page.
NOTE: due to the COVID impacts on the supply chain, some books may be back-ordered or out of stock. We will do our best to obtain all the books requested as timely as possible.
• Families can fill our bookplates to include personalized inscriptions in the book if desired.
• Midtown Reader will collect the teacher books at the shop and deliver them to the school when the orders are complete.
• The web page noted above will be updated with your school information the week of your book fair. PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THE LINK TO THE SITE PRIOR TO THE BOOK FAIR WEEK - it will be set up for a different school until that week.
• Families will be able to choose school pick up, in-store pickup, or shipping at checkout.
• The school will be given a unique code to use as a “COUPON” for online sales. and must mention they are with “____” school book fair when shopping in-store.
• The website also contains a “DONATE” button for families that may want to make an extra donation to the school
Once you have a date confirmed, we will request the following from the school:
• Logo – if you have one and want us to, we can add it to the Book Fair page for a personal touch
• Any specific language/copy you want us to use to describe the event on the website that might be different from the standard language (e.g., if funds are being used for a specific purpose, or the school is promoting a reading program, etc.)
• Teacher wish lists – if you want - at least 2 weeks prior to the event
• Optional – at least 2 days before the event – any handouts, raffle items, signs, etc. that you might want to have out in the store during the event
• Families must use the Online COUPON CODE at checkout on the website or tell us they are with “____ School Book Fair” when shopping in-store. All sales of any books, gifts, or other items purchased by your school families will count toward the book fair donation.
• The school/PTA will receive 15% of all pre-tax sales generated through the Book Fair, and 100% of any donations made via the “Donate” button
• Donations are typically calculated within 10 days of the Book Fair. Please let us know whom we should make the check out to and where it should be mailed.